Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Blog #5 Anti War


 Today in class, we spoke about how the media reports on conflict. I believe that the media is constantly viewing the negatives and sometimes forgets the positives. Sometimes I think it's to keep us Americans to remember that bad things can happen and we must be cautious, but the other times I think it's for the views. When the media speaks upon war it's almost always negative and sometimes false news. Yes I it is horrible seeing countries go into war but if we hear false information about it, we start to believe it. 


The Antiwar and American Conservative Website

The globe hides a lot from us Americans, and I believe these two websites were well hidden enough that they escaped my notice, as well as the notice of many others. There is a significant distinction between these two websites. The Antiwar Website appears to be untrustworthy, whilst the American Conservative Website appears to be normal. I would instantly not listen to the Antiwar and instead listen to the American Conservative Website if I discovered these websites before reading this blog post. I feel that the type of media we consume has an impact on our beliefs.


Seeking out to hear more voices

The United States of America is an extremely opinionated culture. It's difficult to express yourself online because you can easily have them removed or face retaliation. It's unfortunate that we can't always reveal our actual voices, which brings us to these websites to express our opinions. People are fleeing to another channel, I believe, because they have a strong opinion on something and the things they say can be offensive. People these days are extremely sensitive, which prevents them from expressing their feelings and beliefs.


What I think

These websites, in my opinion, are a fantastic way for people to express their opinions and ideals on various topics. Although I believe some of the content is wrong, they are free to say anything they want. (As much as the 1st Amendment will allow.) However, if these websites become more popular, there is definitely a problem that must be addressed. Americans have the right to their opinions; don't ban them from expressing them online and receiving blowback as a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog #7 Privacy Online & Off

  This week our Media Law and Literacy class was assigned 4 TED talks to watch. All of them were interesting and were a wake up call for us ...