Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Blog #10 What I learned EOTO


Technology has gradually taken over our society, particularly since the introduction of social media in the last decade. Technology growth has been both good and frightening.

The Online Influencer presentation was one of the most engaging and one that I could relate to the most. Because I grew up in the world of "influencers" starting, I believe this one spoke to me deeply. They began as social media became widely used. I grew up during the rise of social media and witnessed its development. Online influencing offers a series of advantages for businesses and brands, and it is one of the most often used marketing methods. There are certain benefits to online influencing, but there are also some drawbacks.

What is an Online Influencer?

Influencer marketing is a type of social media marketing that involves product placement and endorsements from individuals and organizations.


Types of influencers:

Nano Influencers- 10,000 followers

Micro Influencers- 10k-100k followers

Macro Influencers- 100k- 1 million followers

Mega Influencers- 1 million + followers



As I stated earlier, there are of course the positive impacts online influencing has brought us but there are also the downsides.

Positive impacts:

-Bring awareness to important issues

- Expose us to diversity

- Niche Marketing


Negative impacts:

-Mental health issues

-Scams

-Niche Marketing


Global impacts:

-Global Marketing

- Creation of new jobs

- Impacts on marketing and advertising


What I think of this:

I believe that online influencing has made a significant contribution to our society. It has become a major source of income for many people and has had a significant impact on many enterprises, both large and small. I believe that as time passes and social media evolves, internet influencing will become increasingly important. I believe that online influence is beneficial. However, one of the disadvantages of it is the mental health element, which I strongly oppose. Many people, including influencers, have been wrecked by social media, and it is upsetting that this can have a negative impact on their lives.I believe that there should be a safe haven for these influencers where they may feel protected and secure. For example workshops for them to take or even a help line.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog #7 Privacy Online & Off

  This week our Media Law and Literacy class was assigned 4 TED talks to watch. All of them were interesting and were a wake up call for us ...