Friday, March 18, 2022

Blog Post #1 My Top 5 Favorite News Sources

I am the type of person that likes to follow what's happening around the world or keep up to date with trends. It's important for me to receive this information, so I am not questioning anything or being confused. Below are my favorite news sources:


Fox News: 


I tend to frequently use Fox News for all political information. I trust this news source more than most when it comes to politics. I find them very trust worthy and credible. Although people may think Fox is "one-sided," I prefer to listen to what my view is, and I find the information more compelling. I also use Fox for other sources of news, such as the weather. 



E-News:


      E-News is my go to news source when it comes to following up with my favorite celebrities. I love reading celebrity news because it's entertaining and I like catching up with my favorite celebrities. E-News also used to stream "Keeping Up With The Kardashians," so I would usually go on their website to see the latest news on them as well.

 


Daily Mail via Snapchat



Daily Mail is one of my favorite news sources because not only does it keep me updated with news around the world, it also keeps me updated with entertainment as well. It's a UK news source, but since it's on Snapchat, I use it often because it's right there on the app. I find out the latest news about celebrities and influencers while also finding out what's going on in the world.



News 12 Long Island



As a kid, I watched News 12 because it was my local news at home. I love News 12 because it informs me of what's going on in my neighborhood and the towns around me. News 12 is informative with local news and sports news as well. When I come home from school, I watch News 12 to learn about what's happening in my town or other towns. It also keeps me up to date with crime. Even though crime does not regularly happen around me, it is informative to know which places around Long Island I should be careful of.



Twitter Explore



Twitter has been one of my most used social media apps. Not only for tweeting, but also for keeping up with the news.On Twitter's Explore page, it shows the most recent and most popular news that is happening. What I really find handy about Twitter is that you can find information fast. For example, when Instagram or Snapchat is down, I go to Twitter and search for Snapchat or Instagram, and they are tweeting that their app is down. It is helpful to find that information fast, so I am not waiting for it to come out from other sources.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog #7 Privacy Online & Off

  This week our Media Law and Literacy class was assigned 4 TED talks to watch. All of them were interesting and were a wake up call for us ...